Take our SA food quiz and find out!
1. Name 5 ingredients used to make Chakalaka.
2. Smileys are cooked sheep’s heads. True or False?
3. The West Coast is famous for dried harders (fish biltong). What are they called?
4. True or False? Bunny chow that uses only a quarter loaf of bread is sometimes also called a kota?
5. What is the topping on a Bobotie made from?
6. Pickled fish is generally eaten at Easter or Christmas?
7. What are Skilpadjies?
8. What is another name for samp and beans?
9. Which is the main spice used to season biltong?
10. Is Moroga a kind of African spinach?
11. Nelson Mandela loved Umsila wenkomo (Oxtail soup). True or False?
12. What would you call a South African submarine sandwich?
13. Walkie talkies are chicken feet and heads. True or false?
14. Where did achar originate?
15. Shisa nyama literally means burnt meat. True or false?
1. Usually peppers, carrots, tomatoes and onions & chillies.
5. Eggs and milk
7. Skilpadjies are a tasty delicacy made from liver and cooked on the braai.