Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25-30 min
- Mix the contents of the packet of ROYCO® Chicken A La King with 125ml water, set aside.
- Fry the chicken cubes in a little butter or margarine, season and set aside.
- Then fry the onions and mushrooms in the rest of the butter / margarine.
- Add the Arborio rice and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and stir on a medium to low heat until the wine has almost all been absorbed.
- Measure 1750 ml (7 cups) water, add 125ml at a time, stirring continuously until each addition as been absorbed, before adding the next 125ml. This should take 20 minutes.
- One all the water has been added, the rice should be just cooked.
- Add the Royco Chicken A La King mixture and the chicken cubes, stir for 1 minute.
- Adjust seasoning with a squeeze of lemon juice and add the parsley. Serve immediately.
- 1 pk ROYCO® Chicken A La King Dry Cook in Sauce
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into cubes
- 1 ml salt and pepper
- 60 ml butter or margerine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 180ml dry white wine (optional)
- 500 ml Arborio rice
- ½ lemon
- 60ml parsley or thyme, chopped (10 ml if dried)