Grilled Spicy Whole Linefish
- QUICK FACTS
- 2 kg fresh, whole Linefish
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 ml salt and pepper
- 1 pouch ROYCO® Cape Malay Curry Cook-in-Sauce 415g
- 30 ml Coriander leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Make 3 slashes on each side of the fish, season and stuff the cavity with lemon slices.
- To Cook:
- Oven– Place fish on a foil covered baking tray, brush liberally with the ROYCO® sauce. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes, basting frequently, then grill for 5 minutes.
- Braai– Brush the fish liberally, inside and out with the ROYCO® sauce. Place in a fish grid and braai over medium coals, basting frequently, for aprox. 10 minutes per side.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with extra lemon wedges
If the dorsal fin of the fish comes out easily when pulled, the fish is cooked. The flesh should also be opaque and come away from the bones easily