Karoo Lamb koftas
The Karoo is famous for the best lamb meat in the world. So no better location in the South Africa than Williston in the heart of the Northern Cape to get good quality lamb mince. Serve these koftas as a starter, or serve them in a wrap with salad. The fat content in the mince will give you a nice juicy and succulent kofta, so they are great served straight from the fire.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well using a wooden spoon, making sure all the spices are mixed.
- Use your recently washed hands and divide the mixture into 6 portions. Now shape the meat into long koftas of about 6 cm long and 2cm thick. Make sure they are nice and compact and secure so they wont fall apart during the braai.
- Braai over hot coals until cooked. All the fat in the mince should be sizzling and the whole surface should be nice and crispy
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 small onion, chopped very finely or grated
- 1 packet Royco Traditional Bobotie dry cook in sauce spice
- ½ teaspoon salt