Lindiwe’s Pasta Alfredo
In a large pot add water and salt and bring to the boil. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook till pasta is al-dente. Drain and place in a serving bowl.
Chop or cut bacon into pieces, and fry in a little oil till crispy. Add chopped onion, garlic, mushrooms and spring onions and fry until softened. Add cream and simmer for two minutes.
Mix the Royco® Alfredo Pasta powder with 1 cup of milk, ensuring that there are no lumps and add to the already simmering sauce. Season to taste and let simmer until sauce has reached the required consistency. Add half of the Parmesan cheese and more milk to suite your taste.
Add sauce to the already cooked pasta and mix. Sprinkle the remainder of the Parmesan cheese over the top (or serve separately) and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Olive oil (for frying)
- 1 Large onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Crushed garlic
- 1 pkt. of Shoulder bacon
- 250g of Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 bunch Spring onions
- 3 tbsp. Royco® Cheese, ham and mushroom Dry Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups of full cream Milk
- 1 cup of Cream
- ½ a cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese (or to taste)
- A handful of chopped parsley
- 1 packet Cheese, Ham & Mushroom Royco® Pasta Sauce
- A pinch of salt