Preparation Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 packet ROYCO® Tomato and Bacon Pasta Sauce
- 300 g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 45 ml oil
- 18 prawns, peeled and veins removed
- 1 onion sliced
- 5 ml tumeric
- 375 ml rice
- 200 ml frozen peas
- 30 ml parsley, chopped
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Prepare ROYCO® Tomato and Bacon Pasta Sauce according to packet instructions.
- Fry the chorizo in oil until crisp, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the prawns in a little more oil, remove from pan and set aside.
- Fry the onion until soft, add the turmeric and rice, stir well. Add 950 ml water and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle peas over the rice, cover and continue cooking until the rice is cooked and the water has been absorbed.
- Stir in the ROYCO® sauce, then add the chorizo and prawns.
- Serve garnished with parsley and lemon wedges