Refilwe’s Beef and Cheese Meatballs
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 90 min
- In a clean bowl mix together mince, cheese, rosemary, egg yolk, spinach, garlic and 1 tbsp hearty beef soup.
- Roll mixture into balls.
- Push a cube of cheddar cheese in the centre of each ball and close to seal.
- Dust the balls with flour.
- Heat a pan with oil and fry the meatballs for 3 minutes.
- Set aside until needed
- In the same pan add the onion, carrot, celery and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add tomatoes, sugar and water, cook for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Mix the soup packet with a cup of water and pour in the pan.
- Place meatballs in a roasting dish and pour sauce over.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes to slight reduce.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with starch of tour choice.
- 500g beef mince
- 50g grated white cheddar
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 100g cheddar cheese cubed
- flour to dust
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small carrot peeled and grated
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pct. hearty beef soup