Sweet and Sour Ostrich with Spaghetti and Cashew Nuts
- QUICK FACTS
- 500 g spaghetti
- 600 g ostrich steak, cut into 1cm thick strips
- 45 ml oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 120 g green beans, sliced in half
- 8-10 spring onions, sliced
- 1 pk ROYCO® Sweet and Sour Sauce wet Cook in Sauce 415 g
- 40 g cashew nut, roasted and roughly chopped
- 30 ml coriander or flat leaf parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Brown ostrich strips in batches in a little hot oil, set aside.
- Fry onions in a little more oil until soft, add red peppers, carrots, green beans and spring onions. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ostrich strips, allow to heat through then add the ROYCO® Sweet and Sour Sauce, bring to the simmer.
- Add spaghetti and cashew nuts, stir well.
- Divide into 6 bowls or plates and garnish with coriander or parsley.
This recipe can be made using beef steak, pork fillet or chicken breasts.