Tomato and Bacon Gnocchi
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 65 min
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wash the potatoes, cut a cross in the top and roast for 1 hour, they should be crisp on the outside and soft in the middle.
- Cut in half and scoop out the flesh. Mash flesh whilst hot and add the flour and 5ml olive oil. Mix to make a soft and elastic dough, then knead lightly with your hands.
- Add salt and chopped herbs. The dough should be soft and slightly sticky, but workable.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Dust your hands and work surface lightly with flour. Roll dough into 2 long cylindrical strands of about 1cm in diameter. Cut these strands into pieces about 2cm long, then mark each piece with a fork. Store on a lightly floured tray in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
- Prepare both packets ROYCO® Tomato and Bacon Pasta Sauce according to packet instructions.
- Cook the gnocchi in the boiling water for 4-5 minutes, they will float on the surface when ready. Drain and toss in lightly olive oil.
- Divide gnocchi between two pasta bowls, top with ROYCO® Tomato and Bacon Sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately with a fresh green salad
- 1 kg (6-7) potatoes
- 200 g flour
- 35 ml olive oil
- 4 ml salt
- 15 ml parsley, chopped
- 2 packets ROYCO® Tomato and Bacon Pasta Sauce
- 80 ml grated parmesan cheese