Vanya’s Spicy Chicken and Crouton Salad.
Chicken Strips and Croutons:
Pre-heat oven to 200°C
Place the Royco® spicy chicken soup, garlic, half the lemon juice and olive oil in a mixing bowl then mix to combine. Cut the chicken breasts into strips and toss in the mixture until well coated. Set aside for 20 minutes to allow flavours to develop (or cover with cling wrap and allow chicken to marinate in the fridge overnight).
Heat a frying pan until hot, add already marinated chicken strips, and fry for 2 minutes or until cooked through.
In a separate bowl, toss bread with more olive oil and crushed garlic. Place in a baking tray and bake in the oven at 200°C for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
In a small bowl add the remaining lemon juice, sugar and salt and pepper (too taste) and whisk to combine, then add olive oil and whisk until emulsified. Place salad leaves in a bowl with tomatoes and olives, then add the dressing and toss the salad until all leaves are coated. Add the croutons. Divide between serving bowls and top with chicken strips to serve.
- 4 Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 8 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tsps. of brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. of Royco® Spicy Chicken Soup
- 200g lettuce (or any salad leaves of your choice)
- 100g sliced oven-dried tomatoes, (make your own: slice tomatoes in half, sprinkle brown sugar, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil and slowly roast on very low heat for 1 hour – works well in a thermo fan oven)
- 100g pitted olives (green or black)
- bread (without crusts) torn into bite-size pieces