Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions:
- Royco Rewards is open to all persons 18 (eighteen) years and older, except Mars employees, their agencies, family members and employees of respective stores.
- Royco Rewards Points are only redeemable against mobile airtime from any network that is available in South Africa. Royco Rewards cannot be redeemed for cash or any other prizes.
- All members of Royco Rewards must provide valid till slips, retailer slip or proof of purchase before any points will be allocated.
- Till slips need to be clear showing the retailer name, date of purchase and any Royco products purchased. Unclear till slips that cannot be validated will not be allocated any Royco Rewards Points.
- For every unit of Royco purchased the member will receive 50 Royco Rewards Points.
- 1 (one) Royco Rewards Point is equal to 1 (one) cent of airtime.
- Members of Royco Rewards must earn a minimum of 500 Royco Rewards Points before redeeming into airtime. Airtime will be allocated in minimum increments of R5 (five South African Rand).
- By entering into Royco Rewards, all participants, entrants and winners agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- To enter you need to dial *120*716# and follow the prompts. Standard rates apply.
- The organisers may in their sole discretion amend these T&C’s at any time, without notice, and such amendment(s) shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised T&C’s. Members can contact our call centre for any updates on +27 0860 0027 40
- Royco Rewards Points will be valid for 3 (three) years from the date the points were allocated to the member. Post this period all points will become null and void.
- Members will receive all validated Royco Rewards Points within 72 (seventy two) hours of uploading the proof of purchase.
- By entering and participating in Royco Rewards you agree that the organisers may collect and process your personal information for purposes of this program, which includes but is not limited to your full names, telephone number(s) and/or e-mail address. Such information will not be disclosed to any third party, except for purposed of the program, where applicable, unless agreed otherwise, or unless disclosure is required by law or court order.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the organisers will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering into Royco Rewards and/or accepting any points or airtime, the entrants, users and/or members hereby indemnify, release and hold harmless the organisers, their directors, employees, agents, suppliers and contractors from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss, damage, expense claims or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the program and/or the use, acceptance or possession of points/ airtime, and/or participation (or non-participation) in any points/ airtime related activity.
- Entrants/ members who, in the organisers sole determination, act unlawfully, fraudulently, in breach of these rules or otherwise dishonestly may be disqualified from participating in the program and shall not be eligible to earn or redeem points for airtime.
- The organisers reserve the right to terminate Royco Rewards at any time with immediate effect.
- The organisers are not liable for any technical failure that may result in any registration not being successfully submitted into Royco Rewards.
- The organisers are not liable for any technical failure that may result in any unsuccessful registration of a person or member into Royco Rewards.
- Any points / airtime are accepted by a member at his/her own risk and the organisers are not liable, at any time, for any defect.
- The duration of Royco Rewards may also be extended or curtailed at the sole discretion of the organisers. If this is the case, the organisers will provide notice of this via their Facebook and Web page. All competition queries must be directed to one of our call centre agents on +27 0860 0027 40 between 09H00 to 16H00 on weekdays.
- The organisers will not incur any costs associated with the transferring of airtime between member(s) of Royco Rewards, or from any member(s) to any person(s) not participating in Royco Rewards.
Sign up to Let's Eat!
For delicious recipes, handy tips & exciting ideas for your family's favourite meals!
Rules for Royco® Let's Eat! Competition ("the Competition")
For delicious recipes, handy tips & exciting ideas for your family's favourite meals!
- This Competition is organised by Mars Africa (Pty) Ltd. and prizes are provided by Mars Africa (Pty) Ltd. The Competition is open to any natural person older than 18 years of age ("the Participant"), residing in South Africa.
By entering this Competition, the Participant agrees to and understands that he or she is
bound by these rules and thereby gives the consents referred to in these rules.
Entry Mechanics: How the Competition works
- To enter the Competition, the Participant must sign up to the Royco® Let'sEat! digital platform either via a Facebook Lead Ad or via the sign-up form at the www.royco.co.za website.
One additional entry will be granted for each friend that a Participant refers via the
sign-up form on the www.royco.co.za website.
General rules: Entry
- A Participant may only enter the Competition by signing up via a Facebook Lead Ad or via the sign-up form at the www.royco.co.za website.
- If a Participant has any questions about how to enter, the rules or the prize draw, he/she may, during business hours, contact Mars Africa at the following electronic mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants may enter this Competition as many times as they like.
- Directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of/or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Mars Africa, and any supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition, and their the spouses, life partners, business partners and immediate family members are not eligible to enter the Competition nor to win the R2 000 Royco® Hamper.
- The Competition is open for entries from 24 June 2016 and will end at 12h00 on 15 August 2016 ("the Entry Period"). Any entries received after the Entry Period will not be valid and therefore not considered.
- Mars Africa shall not be responsible for entries to the Competition that are received after the Entry Period has expired or not received at all for any reason whatsoever including, by way of example only, as a consequence of communications or network failures.
- There is no fee charged to enter the Competition. The winners of the Competition will be determined by a random draw from all the entrants.
- The determination of the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners of the Competition will be contacted telephonically on 16 August 2016 after 9 am.
- Subject to clause 3.11 below, Participants understand that all information (including these rules) relating to this Competition, published on any promotional or advertising material, short message service, online media or electronic mail, at any time before or during the Entry Period, will form part of the terms and conditions of the Competition.
- All warranties and representations in relation to the prizes not set out in these rules (whether express, implied or tacit) are hereby excluded.
Participants (and winners) indemnify Mars Africa, its directors, affiliates,
members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors
against any loss, claims, damages and costs, either direct, indirect, consequential or
otherwise, arising from their participation in this Competition, the provision of the
prizes, or any act or omission of any other person.
- On entering the Competition, participants stand a chance to win a R2 000 Royco® Hamper. There will be 1 winner in total. The prize will be drawn after the Entry Period expires. The draw will take place on 16 August 2016 and Mars Africa will attempt to contact the winners telephonically during business hours on 16 August 2016. Three attempts will be made to contact the winner at the number/email address provided by the Participant on the sign-up form.
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash and are not transferable.
- A Participant who wishes to claim a prize shall be required to produce proof of identity that is to Mars Africa's satisfaction, to prove that the Participant is the winner and 18 years or older. If a Participant cannot provide proof that he or she has complied with all of the Competition rules to Mars Africa's satisfaction, the Participant agrees that he or she shall not be entitled to the prizes and shall have no claims against Mars Africa.
- Mars Africa confirms that it shall ensure that an independent accountant, registered auditor, attorney or advocate oversees and certifies the Competition results and this will be reported in Mars Africa's internal audit reporting procedures. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Mars Africa may, with permission of the winners, publish the winners' names and photographs in any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material for a period of 12 (twelve) months from the end of the Competition period, without compensation. Participants are entitled to decline this request.
- These rules shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. Each Participant consents to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Western Cape High Court, in respect of all matters arising out of, or in connection with, the Competition or these rules.
- If any provision of these rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these rules and the remainder of the rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
It is not intended that any provision of these rules contravenes any provision of the
Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the Act"), and therefore all provisions of
these rules must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the
provisions of the Act are complied with.