Breyani Recipe Base
Preparation Time: 45 min
- 500 g chicken strips
- 2 Tbls oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbls garlic and ginger (optional)
- 50 g tomato paste
- 1 can or 200 g cooked lentils
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil in a pot, fry chicken and chopped onion until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger (optional).
- Stir in the tomato paste and pouch contents, bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked lentils and rice, stirring gently.
- Allow to simmer for 10 -15 mins.
- Serve with chopped tomato, onion and fresh coriander salad.