Beef Steak Kebabs
- QUICK FACTS
- 18 pickling onions, skins on
- 12 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 kg rump, cut into 2 ½ cm cubes
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 18 button mushrooms, halved
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into squares
- 1 packet ROYCO® Spare Rib Marinade
- Boil pickling onions for 4-5 minutes, refresh in cold water, peel and cut in half.
- Cut the bacon rashers in half, then roll each piece up.
- Thread rump cubes onto the skewers, alternating with the pickling onions, bacon, mushrooms and red pepper squares.
- Prepare ROYCO® Spare Rib Marinade according to packet instructions. Marinate kebabs for 20 minutes.
- To Cook:
- Braai kebabs over moderate coals, basting frequently, for about 10 minutes.
- Grill kebabs in the oven for about 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
- Serve immediately
Sirloin or fillet steak can be used for this recipe, but rump is the tastiest. The kebabs can be made a day ahead (as far as step 4) but only marinate 20 minutes before cooking.