Beef Stew with Soft Dumpling
- Dumpling Ingredients:
- 250 g flour
- 2 ml baking powder
- 2 ml salt
- 60 g margarine
- 50 ml cold water
- Stew Ingredients:
- 1 kg stewing steak, cubed
- 25 ml sunflower oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 packet ROYCO® Beef & Vegetable Soup
- 600 ml water
- Dumpling Cooking Instructions:
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the margarine, add the water and mix into a soft dough.
- Stew Cooking Instructions:
- Heat oil, brown onions, then add the stewing steak and brown.
- Add the soup powder mixed with 600 ml water. Cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Uncover and add the carrots. Carefully drop the dumpling batter on top by the teaspoonful. Cover and continue to cook for approximately 30 minutes.