- QUICK FACTS
- 2 onions cut into 1 cm squares
- 8 chicken breasts on bone with skin
- 250 ml dried apricot halves
- 12 wooden skewers soaked in water
- 1 packet ROYCO® Chicken Marinade
- 20 ml medium curry powder
- 3 ml turmeric
- 5 ml fresh ginger grated
- 3 ml dried chilli
- Boil the onion squares for 3 minutes, refresh in cold water. (or microwave onions for 1 minute)
- Cut the chicken breasts off the bone, then cut into 2 cm cubes, keeping the skin on.
- Thread chicken cubes onto the skewers, alternating with the onion squares and apricots.
- Prepare ROYCO® marinade according to packet instructions. Add the curry powder, turmeric, ginger and chilli. Marinate sosaties for 20 minutes.
- Grill sosaties in the oven for about 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
- Serve immediately
The chicken skin is important in this recipe as it adds moisture to the kebabs. The kebabs can be made a day ahead (as far as step 3) but only marinate 20 minutes before cooking.