Lamb and Potato Sticks
- QUICK FACTS
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 40 g butter or margarine
- 1 pk ROYCO® Bolognaise Cook in Sauce
- 1 small tin tomato paste
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200 ml breadcrumbs
- 12 wooden kebab sticks, soaked
- 100 ml oil
- Chutney or tomato sauce
- Boil the potatoes until completely soft, then mash, whilst hot, with the butter / margarine and the contents of the packet of ROYCO® Bolognaise.
- Add the tomato paste and lamb mince.
- Divide mixture into 12, and shape each into a short sausages, about 5 cm long.
- Brush each with egg and coat in bread crumbs. Skewer each onto the end of a wooden kebab stick.
- To cook, fry the sticks in a large non-stick pan, in hot oil, until golden. Finish off in the oven at 180°C if not completely cooked through.
- Serve with chutney or tomato sauce.
Kids love these. Beef or ostrich mince can be used instead of lamb.