Lowveld Butter Chicken by Jan Braai
- QUICK FACTS
- 2 tots olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into blocks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 packet Royco Butter chicken recipe base
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 packet (50g) Tomato paste
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Basmati rice for serving
- Place your cast iron potjie on the fire and heat the olive oil. Fry the onion until soft and cooked
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and fry until brown and cooked.
- Add the Royco Butter chicken recipe sauce and let it cook on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, place the lid on and let it simmer for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the tomato paste, stir through and let it simmer for 5 minutes extra.
- Serve the chicken on top of a bed of basmati rice and garnish with fresh coriander.