- QUICK FACTS
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 packet ROYCO® Chicken Marinade
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10 ml Chinese five spice
- 5 ml crushed chilli
- 30 ml soy sauce
- Slash the chicken drumsticks three to four times each with a sharp knife
- Prepare ROYCO® Chicken Marinade according to packet instructions. Add the ginger, garlic, Chinese 5 spice, crushed chilli and soy sauce.
- Pour over the chicken drumsticks and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Braai over medium coals for about 15 minutes, basting frequently.
If the drumsticks are colouring too quickly, move to a cooler part of the fire to cook more gently. It’s important you cook the chicken all the way through.