Penne with a Mediterranean Touch
- QUICK FACTS
- 500g penne
- 2 packets ROYCO® Cheese, Ham & Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- 30 ml oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 90 ml sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 20 ml basil, chopped
- 60 ml pine nuts, roasted
- 15 g parmesan, grated
- Cook the penne in boiling, salted water until tender.
- Prepare the 2 packets of ROYCO® Cheese, Ham & Mushroom Pasta Sauce according to packet instructions.
- Fry the red peppers in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the ROYCO® sauces, sundried tomatoes and basil leaves, simmer for 1 minute.
- Divide the penne between 4-6 plates, top with the sauce. Sprinkle the pine nuts and parmesan over the top
Pine nuts are expensive but they do make this dish exceptionally delicious.