Spiced Cous Cous with Pork and Almonds
- QUICK FACTS
- 300g cous cous
- 4 spring onions, sliced (use green part as well)
- ROYCO® Sweet and Sour Cook-in-Sauce 415g
- 600 g pork fillet, cut into strips
- 60 ml roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 60 ml parsley, chopped
- Place the spring onions and cous cous in a bowl. Add 300ml boiling water, cover with cling film and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown the pork strips in a little oil, add the ROYCO® sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until pork is cooked.
- Take ½ the pork out of the sauce and lightly toss into the cous cous with ½ the roasted almonds.
- Place cous cous on a serving platter and top with the remaining pork and almonds. Sprinkle with parsley and serve the remaining sauce separately.
Cous cous grains should be light and fluffy, it is stodgy when over cooked.