Spicy Lentil Curry
- QUICK FACTS
- 1 packet ROYCO® Chilli Beef and Green Pepper Soup
- 375ml brown lentils picked and rinsed
- 45ml sunflower oil
- 2 large onions sliced
- 1 green pepper seeded and diced
- 2 sticks celery sliced
- 3 carrots grated
- 10ml curry powder
- 125ml tomato puree
- 50ml fresh coriander chopped
- 30ml fruit chutney
- Place rinsed lentils in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand while preparing vegetables
- Sauté onion, green pepper, celery and carrots in oil in a large saucepan. Add curry powder and stir-fry for a few minutes. Add drained lentils.
- In a jug, mix together ROYCO® Soup, 850 ml cold water and tomato puree and pour over lentils. Add coriander.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat for 45 minutes, stirring often. Stir in chutney during last 10 minutes of cooking time.